Biosafety Biosecurity International and its domestic parent company Barbara Johnson + Associates, LLC was founded in 1999 and is licensed, insured and headquartered in Florida with professionals located across North America and the Asia-Pacific Region. The company provides a full range biosafety, biosecurity and biocontainment consulting, design, audit, on-site program administration and training services in the US and overseas. Our architects, engineers, industrial hygienists and biosafety professionals are recognized as leaders by peers in their professions and each has on average 20 years of biocontainment expertise to support all of our customers needs. The team has a wealth of practical, hands-on experience spanning BSL/ABSL-2, -3, -4 and BSL-3Ag institutions. We understand the importance of compliance and have expertise in (and in some cases helped develop and inform) national and international biosafety, biosecurity and biocontainment requirements and guidelines.
- US CDC/NIH “Biosafety in Microbiological and Biomedical Laboratories”, WHO “Laboratory Biosafety Manual”, and Public Health Agency of Canada and the Canadian Food Inspection Agency “Biosafety Standard”.
- Select Agent Regulations: 42 CFR Part 73, 7 CFR Part 331 and 9 CFR Part 121
- NIH Recombinant DNA Advisory Committee
- USDA ARS 242.1 Design Standards
- NIH Design Requirements Manual
- OSHA 1910 Standards (with particular attention to laboratory safety)
- ANSI/ASSE Z9.14-2013 “Testing and Performance-Verification Methodologies for Ventilation Systems for Biosafety Level 3 (BSL-3) and Animal Biosafety Level 3 (ABSL-3) Facilities”
- Singapore Ministry of Health (MOH) Biological Agents and Toxins Act/Certification BSL-3 Guidelines.
- Biosafety Biosecurity International is accredited as a Singapore MOH BSL-3 Approved Facility Certifier
A sample of customers we have provided support and services to:
- US Departments of: Health and Human Services, Homeland Security, State, Agriculture, Justice and Defense
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- National Laboratories
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- National Biosafety and Biosecurity Training Program
- Public Health Laboratories
- Universities in the US and overseas (veterinary and basic research)
- Private industry, biotech and corporations in the US and overseas
- Foreign Ministries (Canada, Caribbean Public Health Agency, Japan, Hong Kong and Singapore)
- International Science and Technology Center, Russia
- International Vaccine Institute, Korea
- Private and Government BSL-2 and BSL-3 laboratories in Singapore
- Mahidol-Oxford Tropical Medicine Research Unit, Thailand
- International Centre for Diarrhoeal Disease Research, Bangladesh
- Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Oxford University Clinical Research Unit, Viet Nam
- Government policy makers, institutes and facilities in Singapore, Japan, Korea, Thailand, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Taiwan, Philippines, Bangladesh, Turkey, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Ukraine, Kyrgyz Republic, Russia, Qatar, Jordan, Trinidad, Bahamas, Canada and other overseas customers.
- United Nations (UN), World Health Organization (WHO) and the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the UN and numerous Professional Associations.